LAB 1 Path Traversal

 


This lab 1 is to change the request to then be able to access another file on the web application.



I began by loading the page to see what the page contains and if I could see any obvious vulnerabilities. I then turned on my burpsuite to see the requests.



Here I can see the image request. As I previously learned on this section, this request can be changed to traverse the file system and get information on another file.

I know the server gets the image from /var/www/image so I would have to backtrack to the root directory and then try to access the passwd file that is in /etc



here is the content of the passwd file.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Vulnerability Management(Nessus)

Active Directory Home Lab

TightVNC and Colasoft Packet Builder Lab

Lab 2 Access Controls